This assignment differs somewhat from previous assignments in that you are required to review some parts of the interpersonal communication chapter as a follow up to our discussion in lecture. To effectively complete this assignment, be sure to review these sections in the interpersonal chapter:
• Cody’s disengagement strategies
• Duck’s model of relational dissolution
• The ‘coming apart’ portion of the Knapp model
Once you have read and reviewed each of these sections in the chapter, you are to reflect on the break-up (or significant weakening) of a previous strong relationship by doing the following:
· Identifying and briefly discussing the reasons for the weakening and/or dissolution of the relationship.
· Using the Cody’s list of relational disengagement strategies to identify which strategy (or strategies) best describes the communication which occurred as the relationship weakened or dissolved. You should use specific examples to illustrate the strategies you selected fit the events that occurred during relational dissolution
· Choosing either the ‘Coming apart’ phase of the Knapp model OR the Duck relational dissolution model and then briefly but specifically attempting to apply each stage of the framework to the events which occurred in the relationship. You should conclude by explaining whether or not you feel the model you chose provides an accurate representation of events.
Important note: Although a romantic relationship is an obvious fit, it is also entirely appropriate to use another type of relationship (friendship, etc.) to complete this assignment.
Relational Dissolution and the frameworks mentioned above are discussed in the Interpersonal Communication chapter in the text.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|