You will take on the role of an investigative journalist by using the Internet to seek out different kinds of art works — art that is not conventionally considered art. Choose two specific; works of art; that will make for a captivating news article. Your search begins by looking for ideas in the Classroom Materials, your instructor’s assignment notes, and the Library’s Guides to Library Resources for this class.
Using the art terminology and concepts outlined in the Sporre supplement (pages 29-33) and the Sayre text (pages 3-7), define and evaluate each art work you choose for your article by answering the following questions. Elaborate on the details in your own words. Consider including a headline to grab your readers’ attention, and be sure to include a URL to the image.
What is the FORM of the work?
· Is it a two-dimensional or three-dimensional work of art?
· What materials are used?
· What techniques or processes are used to create the art work?
· What colors are used?
· Describe the use of line, space and balance.
What is the SUBJECT MATTER?
· What is literally depicted?
· Is the work of art REPRESENTATIONAL, ABSTRACT, or NONOBJECTIVE?
What is the CONTENT?
· What does it mean or represent?
· What is the artist’s message?
· Is symbolism used? If so, what is the meaning?
· What is the context of the art work?
· What is the function of the art work?
BE CERTAIN to choose examples that are “not usually considered art”, which means that anything you would ‘typically’ see in a museum is off-limits for this assignment.
There are many interesting and unusual ideas that will work for this assignment (what did you see on your most recent vacation?). Find something unusual to share! Remember that I am in interested in your words. Be sure to speak to the many specific aspects
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|