Wikis for Learning and Collaboration
A wiki is a collaborative web site that collects and organizes content, created and revised by its users. The most well-known example is Wikipedia. Wikis are a way to grow a knowledge base around a particular content area, be it best practices in a particular field or how to use a specific piece of hardware/software. A hallmark of Web 2.0 is that it improves as more people use it and this approach underlies wiki-based learning. It is based on the idea that within any enterprise, a great deal of knowledge exists among the members. Sharing this knowledge and information can raise the organization’s intelligence level, be it a university, an association, a corporation or club.
Wiki Assignment Details:
Different kinds of environments need different scheduling techniques. A high-volume environment is typically done through line design and balancing. A low-volume environment typically involves the use of priority rules. In addition, scheduling executes a company’s strategic business plan to include:
- Accounting relies on schedule information and completion of customer orders to develop revenue projections
- Marketing focuses on competitive advantage with effectiveness measurements for lead times, flow time, deliveries
- Information Systems maintains databases, routings and processing times
- Operations is concerned with priorities and providing customer service
Wiki Topic & Detail Instructions
- Each student will create a new Wiki entry from peer-reviewed articles that pertain to this week’s assigned reading: chapter 15 Workforce Scheduling & Strategic Business Plan.
- Conduct your own research and ensure to focus on selecting a high volume or low-volume organization of your choice. Explain their scheduling techniques in relation to the above four strategic business plans.
- Apply Level 2 and 3 headings to capture the themes
- Support your ideas and research with at least three (3) outside sources within the last five years.
- Provide a substantive comment(s) on an existing Wiki entry posted by at least (two other classmates). You should have a total of three (3) Wiki posts – one Initial and two response to your peers.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|