Description: Writing about your service-learning experiences derives meaning from your service. Reflecting back on your experiences with a critical eye will help connect your coursework and real-life and give you time to evaluate the service efforts within the community where you live.
- Submit as a Word document in Blackboard
- Cover page including:
- Your Name
- Volunteer Site(s) & Addresses
- Number of hours completed
- Site supervisor name(s)
- Typed, double-spaced. 12 point font; minimum 2 pages of reflection text (not including the cover page) covering the outlined questions below.
- Include at least two (2) references from the CSR 28200 textbook, citing your source properly within the paper. Lucas. (2015) CUSTOMER SERVICE: SKILLS FOR SUCCESS, 6TH or Lucas. (2018) CUSTOMER SERVICE: SKILLS FOR SUCCESS, 7th EDITION
1). Think about what you learned about yourself through this experience. What do you consider your personal values? Consider how the service learning project helped you learn more about your personal values and attitudes. Did anything change over time for you?
2). What did you learn about the world beyond the classroom, the world in which you had the service experience? What surprised you?
3). Address at least 2 of the following:
- How did your service connect with what you are learning in class? (this class or any Purdue course)
- What is the impact of your service? For you? For the community?
- How do you feel about volunteering and corporate philanthropy? Is it important? Why or why not?
- What needs did your project address? What are the causes of those needs?
- How do people contribute to the problem? How can we, as a community, help to solve it?
- What did you learn about your own value to your agency? (This is especially important for those students who’ve not had a paying job up to this point).
- How does your understanding of the community change as a result of your experience?
- What were your expectations of this project prior to completing your hours versus what you feel were the ultimate outcomes? Were your expectations met? Why or why not?
- How can you continue your involvement in these or other issues? How can you, personally, raise others’ awareness?
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|