In this module, you learned that random numbers (or, at least, pseudorandom numbers) are essential in cryptography, but it is extremely difficult even for powerful hardware and software to generate them. Go online and conduct research on random number generators. What are the different uses of these tools besides cryptography? How do they work? Explain your answer using your own words in 2-3 paragraphs.
Do the following review questions:
- 11.1 List and briefly define three classes of intruders.
- 11.2 What are two common techniques used to protect a password file?
- 11.3 What are three benefits that can be provided by an intrusion detection system?
- 11.4 What is the difference between statistical anomaly detection and rule-based intrusion detection?
- 11.5 What metrics are useful for profile-based intrusion detection?
- 11.6 What is the difference between rule-based anomaly detection and rule-based penetration identification?
- 11.7 What is a honeypot?
- 11.8 What is a salt in the context of UNIX password management?
- 11.9 List and briefly define four techniques used to avoid guessable passwords.
Submit a Microsoft Word document
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|