1. Each student is assigned a specific industry to research. The outcome will be a material and energy balance for a plant producing 100 tonnes/day (100,000 kg/d) of finished goods.
2. The final report is demonstrated. Make sure your data are complete.
3. A list of students and assignments appears at the end of this message.
4. Each student must research their particular industry to make sure that equipment is sized correctly and to accurately depict plant-wide energy utilization.
5. Material mass balances and energy balances are required.
6. If assumptions occur, they must be clearly annotated.
7. The final report consists of an executive summary and all pertinent secondary data. Executive summary as follows:
Production output: 100 tonnes/day
Raw material (list what they are) tonnes/day
Fossil fuel use: kJ/kg
Steam use: kJ/kg
Electricity: KW and kwh/kg
Environmental Mgt.: kJ/kg
1. The second page of the report will include a one-lined diagram of plant activities.
2. There must also be a table indicating energy utilization/kg product at each station during the production process. For electric motors reference 10 hp motors and larger. As example for a steam milling operation noted on the diagram might be: Steam @ 400 oC, 0.5 MPa è 12.5 kJ/kg. The energy content of steam can be found at thermodynamic tables.
3. The final entry in the report is a summary of energy management ideas that might reduce unit consumption and so reduce plant energy costs. Do not overlook costs and equipment needed for waste management.Need a Professional Writer to Work on this Paper and Give you Original Paper? CLICK HERE TO GET THIS PAPER WRITTEN
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|