Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resource on your own before you bid. Main references come from Balkin, R. S., & Kleist, D. M. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). You need to have scholarly support for any claim of fact or recommendation regarding treatment. APA format also requires headings. Use the prompt each week to guide your heading titles and organize the content of your initial post under the appropriate headings. Remember to use scholarly research from peer-reviewed articles that is current. I have also attached my discussion rubric so you can see how to make full points. Please follow the instructions to get full credit for the discussion. I need this completed by 08/27/19 at 1pm.
Discussion – Week 1
Top of Form
The Relationship Between Research and Practice
All too often, the very idea of research creates anxiety instead of interest. Fear of statistics and resistance to the language of research can become a barrier to learning to analyze professional counseling literature. So, this course will begin with an exploration of your perceptions and biases about research.
Addressing these preconceived notions about research helps pave the way to understanding the role of research in counseling practice. Consider this: If you consulted your primary care physician for treatment of a disease, you would not want to learn that you were prescribed medication that was proven to be ineffective or to cause harm. The same is true for counseling practice. Counseling research helps keep clinicians up to date on what works and what does not.
For this Discussion, you will explore the relationship between research and practice and how you might anticipate using research in your future counseling work.
- Review the Learning Resources related to research and evidence-based practice and consider how these resources inform your Discussion.
- Review the Learning Resources related to how to search the Walden library for articles related to evidence-based practice.
- Search the Walden Library for one current (within last 10 years) peer-reviewed article in the professional counseling literature related to the use of empirical evidence in counseling practice.
- Reflect on how other disciplines use research in their work.
Post by Day 3
Based on your search experience through the Walden Library:
- Explain your perceptions, concerns, fears, or assumptions about research.
- Post any questions or concerns you have about successfully completing this course.
- Explain how you anticipate using research in your future clinical work citing the article that you choose from the counseling databases.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources.
Bottom of Form
Balkin, R. S., & Kleist, D. M. (2017). Counseling research: A practitioner-scholar approach. Alexandria, VA: American Counseling Association.
- Chapter 1, “The Counselor as a Practitioner-Scholar”
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017). Research and program evaluation: Evidence-based practice [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 19 minutes.
Accessible player –Downloads– Download Video w/CC Download Audio Download Transcript
Credit: Provided courtesy of the Laureate International Network of Universities.
Walden University, Course Guides. (n.d.). COUN 6626/6328S Research methodology and program evaluation: Library media. Retrieved October 25, 2018, from https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/coun6626/assignmentresources/week1discussion
Please review the resources listed to guide you as you search for articles related to evidence-based practice.
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 55 minutes.
Note: This webinar is located in the Abstracts and Archive section, under “APA Citations and Style.”
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|