Social Learning – Violence, Antisocial & Prosocial Behavior
“ Learning would be exceedingly laborious, not to mention hazardous, if people had to rely solely on the effects of their own actions to inform them what to do. Fortunately, most human behavior is learned observationally through modeling: from observing others one
forms an idea of how new behaviors are performed, and on later occasions this coded information serves as a guide for action. ” – Albert Bandura
Skewed documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJhJQEXZ8NE&t=658s
Pre Documentary Viewing Questions:
1. What are some reasons why you think people are violent?
2. Behavioral psychologists have long studied and debated the role of media violence on violent behavior. What are your personal thoughts on this? Do you think media violence influences violent behavior? Briefly explain.
3. Consider how violence is shown through the media. Identify 2 ways that violence is depicted in the media. Do you
think these depictions are accurate? Why or why not? How might these depictions shape one’s thinking about violence? Explain your thinking.
Post Documentary Viewing Questions:
4. What are your thoughts on the arguments presented in the documentary Skewed ? What are 2 or 3 facts, points, arguments presented in Skewed that you found interesting, surprising, or powerful? Does the documentary cause you to reconsider your thoughts on the causes of violence? Briefly explain.
5. Look at the quote at the top of the page. What do you think Bandura means? Explain how this quote helps you to
understand Bandura’s theory about how behavior is acquired.
6. Find 1 study that argues violent media influences violent behavior and 1 that argues against this. Briefly summarize each study. Be sure to provide links to both studies.
Summarize the research • Who conducted the research? • How was the research conducted? What did the research entail? (Research design). • What are the results of the research? Explain what the research shows?
Of the 2 studies you found, which do you think makes its case more effectively? Briefly explain.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|