- BLS 600 – 11/1 Online Class #5
Read Gudykunst's Chapter 6. Answer the following questions:
1. Why is talk valued more in individualistic cultures than collectivistic cultures?
2. Why is there consistency in the recognition of emotions on the face across cultures?
Please read the attached study by Shana Poplack and watch the video on code-switching.
Reading by Shana Poplack. Please, see uploaded file
Video on code-switching
3. Summarize Poplack's study.
4.What is code-switching? What's the difference between diglossia and code-switching?
5. What are the functions of code-switching?
6. Which function do you use the most in your daily communication? Provide specific example.
Need a similar essay? Click Order Now and claim a special bonus- up to 15% Discount offer!!!
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|