Assignment 1: Permissions Oversight and Overview
Suppose you were contracted by a local medium-sized business to speak with its business unit leaders about the importance of resource permissions in organizations. In your first moments on the job, you learn from a senior-level employee that the company just experienced a data theft incident at the hands of an employee, primarily due to the lack of permissions and resource segregation in the company. You later learn that there are multiple file servers on the network on which full control permissions are applied for the domain %u0432%u0402%u045AEveryone%u0432%u0402%u045C group.
Write a two (2) page paper in which you:
1. Explain the basic need for and concepts of file / folder permissions and business unit resource segregation in organizations so the company leaders will understand the importance of each.
2. Specify the strategy you would utilize for leveraging the business unit leaders to gain the necessary buy-in to implement your plan for resource and data segregation in the company.
3. Justify the use of NTFS permissions for the folders / files on the network and explain the top two to three (2-3) reasons this is the most reliable option at the business unit leaders%u0432%u0402%u2122 disposal.
4. Prepare a plan for utilizing Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to achieve the goals of setting secure permissions on business unit resources.
5. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
%u0432%u0402%u045E Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student%u0432%u0402%u2122s name, the professor%u0432%u0402%u2122s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
%u0432%u0402%u045E Explain the various types of servers and services required within organizations.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Describe the need for and benefits of hardware and software integration in a server environment.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Demonstrate the ability to prepare, install, configure, maintain, and update a computer system for use as a server.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Demonstrate the ability to configure networking, file, remote management, and print services.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Describe the major functional challenges and configuration solutions associated with data storage.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Describe and configure secure systems, networks, and computing applications.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Analyze the creation, configuration, and maintenance of virtual servers, storage, and networks.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Use technology and information resources to research issues in server environments.
%u0432%u0402%u045E Write clearly and concisely about server administration topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|