In order to demonstrate an awareness of psychological career alternatives in a community setting, you will develop résumés for each of the professional experts chosen for your presentation in the Week Three discussion. Include relevant academic and professional experience that highlights their careers, appropriate skills, and expertise. Brief job descriptions identifying the major duties associated with each relevant work experience should also be included in the résumé. The job description format should be based on the Professional Experience section in the “Sample Resume for a Counseling Psychologist.” Each résumé should be two to three pages in length. You may use the resources available on the following web pages:
- Ashford University Career Services (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- American Psychological Association PsyCareers (http://www.apa.org/careers/psyccareers)
- Sample resume for a counselling psychologist
You may use additional sources for career information as long as they are credible. An example of a credible source for this information would include The Chronicle of Higher Education. To begin constructing your résumés, utilize the Resume Builder tool provided by Ashford University. This will allow you to create drafts of your résumés so that you may revise and refine your assignments before submitting them.
[These were the experts chosen in Week 3 discussion]
¡ Dr. Payne received his medical degree in 1985 and his PhD in 1990. Both degrees were earned from the University of Somewhere. He has published over 250 peer reviewed papers on CBT applied to pain management.
¡ Mr. Yoda earned his bachelors and Masters degrees from the University of Atlantis. He holds several certifications in hypnotherapy and NLP. He has authored 8 books on the mind/body connection, and, published 300 peer-reviewed papers and articles on pain management without drugs.
To utilize the tool:
- Log into the Ashford University Student Portal
- Click on Job Search & Resume Builder link under Career Services
- Go to the My Documents Tab
- Select the Resume Builder Tab
- Create, save, and edit these résumés to meet your assignment guidelines.
Writing Professional Résumés
- Must be four to six double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title page), and formatted according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Résumés should be formatted according to the guidelines in the Ashford University Resume Builder tool.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
Sample Resume for Counseling Psychologist
123 Main Street • Hometown, MS 00000 • (123) 456-7890 • ChrisSmith@company.tld
Mental Health Professional with focus on Indigenous and Minority Individual Mental Health Services seeking position with county or state government, or with non-profit help services organization.
Psychologist – Private Practice / 2007—present
Workshop Educator 2004—2007
Student Therapist / 1997—2001
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|