Module 10: Clinical case: Coaching and Teaching
Mrs. E. is 69 years old and was admitted for extremely high blood pressure which caused her to be dizzy and fall at home. She sprained her wrist and had multiple bruises and complained of some chest pain. She is a widow and lives with her two dogs. Her children live in the next state and try to visit her often. She does have one sister and brother-in-law who live in the same city. Mrs. E. has been relatively healthy during her life but since her husband passed away from a massive heart attack last year she has not been as active as she had been. She also has found it difficult to make meals only for herself. As a result, she has lost 15 pounds in the last year, she was already quite thin. Mrs. E. is a devout Christian and was born in India and emigrated to the United States when she was married due to her husband’s profession. She misses her husband and her children and does not like to visit her doctor hence the untreated hypertension. During her hospital stay amlodipine 2.5 mg/day was prescribed.
Submit an individual assignment. You may use any books or other resources or references to complete this assignment. Use APA Editorial Format for all citations and references.
- List the goal for this teaching/coaching plan
- Describe three teaching resources
- Identify the teaching strategies that can be used
- List the specific instructions that may be needed regarding her medication and what adverse reactions to be aware of/and what to do
- Identify two factors that may negatively influence adherence to the medication and how they can be overcome
- Describe how to include the family
- Provide information on how and when she should seek support and help
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|