Part I: Media Relevancy
Within the Multimeda section of the University Library use the Science Online, Today’s Science, or World News Digest for this assignment.
Write a 100-200-word response to the following questions. Include reference citations.
- Present the fundamental concept of chemistry in biology. Include the link or reference citation for the piece and describe how it helped you better understand how fundamental concepts of chemistry affect biology.
- Describe the energy metabolism of cells. Include the link or reference citation for the piece and describe how it helped you better understand the energy metabolism of cells.
- Compare the structures and functions of different cell types. Include the link or reference citation for the piece and describe how it helped you better compare structures and functions of different cell types.
- Describe one of these activities of science, the scientific method, creating hypotheses, or designing experiments. Include the link or reference citation for the piece and describe how it helped you better understand how the scientific method is used to create hypotheses and experiments.
Part II: Applying Science to Everyday Life
Recently, Earl attended a picnic at his daughter’s school. The picnic was a potluck, and the food was served outdoors. Contributions included hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, potato chips, potato salad, coleslaw, apple pie, and vanilla ice cream. Within 24 hours of the picnic, several attendees developed symptoms of food poisoning. Of the 50 people who attended the picnic, only 30 people became ill. Every person at the picnic ate something, but not every person had an opportunity to sample each item. Earl noticed that the potato salad he started to eat was warm. He also noticed that his hamburger was somewhat pink in the middle and not fully cooked. Earl wonders if eating the hamburgers or the potato salad could be responsible for making some attendees ill. Earl has begun to apply the scientific method to this common problem. Complete each of the following tasks in 200 to 300 words.
- How would the scientific method help Earl create an experiment to determine which food sources made people sick?
- Describe the steps of the scientific method Earl utilized.
- Describe the remaining steps Earl will use if he decides to use the scientific method to determine what made the people sick.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|