Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- Case: Craig Kielburger Cases
- Case: A Day in the Life of Alex Sander: Driving in the Fast Lane at Landon Care Products
- Case: Leading Across Cultures at Michelin (A)
- Supplement: Leading Across Cultures at Michelin (B)
- Case: Leadership Styles
- Leadership That Gets Results (HBR Bestseller)
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) document, a completed LM001 Short-Answer Submission Form. Save this file as LM001_firstinitial_lastname (for example, LM001_J_Smith). When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
LM001: Leadership Frameworks and Theories
Short Answer Submission Form
Your Name: First and last
Your E-mail Address: Your email here
This Competency includes a Short-Answer Response Assessment. Write your response to each prompt below in the space provided. The Rubric, which will be used by the Competency Assessor to evaluate your responses, is beneath the prompts. Carefully review the Rubric rows associated with each prompt to provide a complete response.
When writing your response, begin typing where it reads “Enter Your Response Here.” Write as much as needed to satisfy the requirements of the prompt (as defined in the Rubric). Be sure to support your responses with connections to professional sources.
Your Assessment responses require references (in APA style) to support your thinking. You will list your references at the end of this template where “References” are noted. If you need additional information regarding how to correctly cite, and/or reference sources, please visit the Walden Writing Center at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/apa/citations
To learn more about effective paraphrasing strategies, visit the Walden Writing Center at http://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/evidence/paraphrase/effective
Review the following example item and response for a sample that meets expectations.
Choose a definition of organizational culture, and explain whether you agree or disagree with the definition. Use examples from your own professional experience to support your response.
Whitehurst (2016) explained “organizational culture is defined by how people in an organization interact with each other” (para. 2). While I agree that this is one aspect of organizational culture, the definition does not capture the complex factors that contribute to organizational culture. When I started my first job after finishing my undergraduate degree in business, I worked for an organization whose main headquarters were in Dubai. When I traveled to Dubai for the first time, I realized that the culture of the Dubai office was largely influenced by the society’s culture in Dubai. I found that the organization lacked one cohesive culture and that, depending on regional locations, each office had its own culture. International organizations often face many challenges in maintaining a cohesive organizational culture (Watkins, 2013). I found this observation to be true in my experience. For example, the Dubai office seemed to endow their employees with more allowance for self-direction when compared with our domestic offices. Although people’s interactions with one another contributed to the organization’s culture, there were other factors like location, management style, and societal norms that impacted a business culture as well.
Watkins, M. D. (2013, May 15). What is organizational culture? And why should we care. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2013/05/what-is-organizational-culture
Whitehurst, J. (2016, October 13). Leaders can shape company culture through their behaviors. Harvard Business Review. Retrieved from https://hbr.org/2016/10/leaders-can-shape-company-culture-through-their-behaviors
Note: References are included at the end of a Short-Answer Assessment but are included here as an example of an accurate APA reference list.
Case 1: Craig Kielburger Cases
Read the six business dilemmas for the Craig Kielburger Cases then respond to the following:
Part A: General Leadership
· In what ways are Craig Kielburger’s behaviors and actions consistent with the principles and practices of authentic leadership? Be sure to support your reasoning with at least two explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about leadership. (2 – 3 paragraphs)
· Do you think Craig Kielburger is an effective leader? Why or why not? Identify at least two additional leadership behaviors and/or best practices he could implement to address business problems and opportunities in his company. Be sure to support your reasoning with explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about effective leadership. (1 – 2 paragraphs)
Part B: Personal Reflection
· Having reviewed the Craig Kielburger cases, describe how your own life experiences have led to the development or transformation of your leadership skills and behaviors. Use at least two specific examples to demonstrate how and why these personal experiences have improved your leadership practices. Be sure to relate how your behaviors and practices relate to best practices and to relevant leadership theoretical frameworks. (3 – 4 paragraphs) –
· Describe how leadership can play a key role in shaping values for affecting positive social change and creating value for organizational performance. Be specific, and be sure to support your reasoning with at least two explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical leadership frameworks. (2 – 3 paragraphs) –
· Identify and describe what you think is the most important value espoused by the company you work for. Is it a core value, aspirational value, or permission-to-play value? Does the company live and behave in accordance with the value, and what is leadership’s role in this process? How can you influence the practice of this value? Be specific, and be sure to support your reasoning with explicit references to leadership best practices and to appropriate theoretical frameworks about leadership. (2 – 3 paragraphs) –
Enter your response here.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|