International Human Resources
Given the rapid pace of globalization within the world of business, organizations are finding themselves working more frequently both in and with foreign nations. Thus, some of the most difficult challenges in international HRM (IHRM) originate from the cultural differences encountered in various countries while conducting business as a multinational organization. The challenge becomes particularly acute when businesspeople lack knowledge of or sensitivity to cultural differences, the result of which may be mistakes made in business or personal interactions that offend or alienate foreign constituents.
Assume that your management team is seeking your help with IHRM in a world of diversity. Specifically, they want a brief report about international business etiquette, customs, or protocol. The report should compare and contrast cultural differences potentially encountered while transacting business between other countries and the United States.
For this discussion, complete the following:
- Select one country outside the United States.
- Select a topic, and perform research about business etiquette, customs, or protocol for that country. You may use one of the suggested topics below or another pertinent topic of your choice.
- Briefly discuss the similarities and differences with respect to cultural diversity while conducting business in your chosen country and the United States.
Suggested topics to research may include, but are not limited to:
- Time and space orientation.
- Saving face.
- Protocol for exchanging business cards.
- Women in the workplace.
- View on and practices about corruption.
- Nonverbal communication.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|