Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 7 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, history, or literature, with important examples and themes that still resonate today for one’s professional or personal life. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Choose one (1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic. (Exception is the video presentation of the first topic below which is a different communication form).
For the topic you choose:
- Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
- The listed topics each have a certain presentation format or writing genre with it (video, essay, poem, etc), and each topic involves looking at a distinct form of presentation (oral speech, novel, visual art, poetry, etc. And each topic involves some sort of challenge or theme that is relevant to modern work and life. Be creative and admire the creativity of others.
- Follow the instructions below for what sources to use and what formatting to use in layout and referencing. Avoid sources that are not good academic quality for college writing (Wikipedia is one example). Do NOT use any source that provides or sells college essays.
- Harlem Renaissance Writers. Choose two different authors from the Harlem Renaissance and one work by each author. Write an essay that:
- Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance. Discuss their literary careers and relationships with other writers.
- Summarize the main ideas from one work by each author, using 8-10 sentences for each summary (two paragraphs total).
- Describe their writing styles, the types of images and themes they use in their work (one paragraph about each author).
- Explain how these authors and their works have impacted your own life. How will you apply their ideas to your career?
The Project Paper will be graded on:
- The level to which the instructions were followed.
- The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
- The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
- The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
- Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- The inclusion and use of the sources identified above for your topic (the Sayre text book and any other sources/links given). Also, the use of at least one other relevant, good quality source found in our online Library. (Other sources not meeting these criteria should not be used).
- The sources used will be documented in your paper using the SWS style (see below).
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than others Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Include a title page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date of submission. The title page and the source list are not included in the required length (750 words minimum). The body of the paper must be double-spaced between lines and must use paragraphing.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|