Free societies are at risk for terrorist acts for several reasons: a) loose control of public information; b) weapons, communications equipment, and explosives are easy to obtain; c) the ease of creating and operating functional networks and financial systems in free societies. Consider the following factors when analyzing threats:
Existence: a group/individual’s presence to access a specific locale
Capability: an acquired, assessed, or demonstrated ability to conduct an attack
Motive: intent, objective to conduct an activity
History: previous background of activity
Targeting: preparation of/for specific violent acts against individuals or populations
Select one of the three examples you discussed in your previous case study NTAS. Identify and discuss factors used in target selection. Provide ways in which the United States can mitigate such future attacks on the homeland. Include a background/overview (i.e., lone shooter or cyberattack), current mitigation methodologies, future solutions you think would be successful deterrents or strategies. Defend your views.
Assignments should be at least three (3) full pages double-spaced, not counting the cover or reference page. Paper format: (a) Cover page, (b) Header, (c) Body. Submit your assignment by the last day of this module.
- Relevance: All content is connected to the question.
- Precision: Specific question is addressed. Statements, facts, and statistics are specific and accurate.
- Depth of discussion: Student presents and integrates points that lead to deeper issues.
- Breadth: Multiple perspectives and references, multiple issues/factors are considered.
- Evidence: Points are well-supported with facts, statistics, and references.
- Logic: Presented discussion makes sense; conclusions are logically supported by premises, statements, or factual information.
- Clarity: Writing is concise and understandable, and contains sufficient detail or examples.
- Objectivity: Writer avoids use of first person and subjective bias.
- References: Sources are listed at the end of the paper.
Provide specific examples and facts to support your views. Your references should be from government, peer-reviewed, subject matter expert sources. Your paper will not be longer than 5 pages (excluding cover sheet and reference page).
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|