In formulating the policy, legislative committees may schedule hearings to provide the opportunity for presentation of information, clarification of issues, and discussion. At the national level, the hearings may be held in committee rooms of the United States Senate or House of Representative or at sites throughout the country designated for field hearings. Legislators invite organizations or specific individuals to present information regarding the topic of the hearing. Prior to the hearing, each invited speaker must submit his or her advance written testimony.
For this assignment, complete the following:
Advance Written Testimony
- Address one specific aspect of the health policy issue and prepare a written testimony.
- The specific aspect needs to focus on one desired outcome or change the proposed policy will impact.
- Review the article “Hearings in the House of Representatives: A Guide for Preparation and Procedure,” available in the Resources. Note the suggested content for the introduction and closing.
- Introduction: Include acknowledgement of committee chair and members, credentials of the person preparing the testimony, and the organization the person is representing.
- Background: Include the proposed policy or policy change, justification for the proposed policy, and impact of the proposal.
- Specific aspect of the issue: Focus on one specific outcome or situation of the issue. Describe with cited references the current outcomes. Include supporting data, outcome studies, anecdotal information from constituents, or other information that supports the significance of the issue.
- Current program or programs: Include specific programs or efforts the special interest group you are representing sponsored, any other related programs from other groups, and the outcomes of these actions.
- Recommendations: Identify the specific actions being recommended and to whom these are directed. Recommendations may include actions requested of the committee as well as of the special interest group.
- Conclusion: Present succinct summary of the issue, impact, and requested action.
- Closing: Thank the committee for the opportunity and provide contact information for additional discussion.
- Literature: Synthesize the literature that supports the policy change.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA current edition style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of 3–5 resources (one must be from the Capella library).
- Page length: 4-6 pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|