Educators who integrate disciplines throughout the curriculum foster student learning as they make correlations in their learning. The correlations promote the relevance of the discipline in a global aspect. When students learn the significance of these connections, engagement increases. Student learning improves when the content is relevant and engaging, and when students feel safe in a well-managed classroom.
Obtain a curriculum map from a school or website pertaining to a grade level and subject matter of your choice. Evaluate the curriculum map on its effectiveness for engaging, interdisciplinary instruction.
Write a 750–1,000 word essay evaluating the curriculum map on the components of engaging, interdisciplinary instruction and the effect on student behavior management. Include:
- How effective is the curriculum map in demonstrating the integration of interdisciplinary instruction? What is the evidence to support this evaluation? Provide examples of how the curriculum map could be improved in this area.
- How effective is the curriculum map in demonstrating intentional, engaging learning for the students? What is the evidence to support this evaluation? Provide examples of how the curriculum map could be improved in this area.
- What does engaging instruction look like? How does engagement relate to instruction? How does behavior management connect with engagement and instruction? How is interdisciplinary instruction linked to engagement?
- What is the teacher’s role in improving their instructional practices to ensure they are meeting diverse student learning needs?
- What is a final, overall summation of the curriculum map’s effectiveness in developing engaging, interdisciplinary instruction? Summarize how engagement and interdisciplinary instruction contribute to meeting diverse student learning needs?
Include 2-3 scholarly articles to support what research provides about the topic.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Here is a resource for you:
Explore “Student Engagement: Resource Roundup,” by Cronin, located on the Edutopia website (2016).
Review the resources in “Toolkit for Interdisciplinary Learning, Teaching, and Assessment,” located on The College Board’s AP Central website.
Read “Chapter 1. The Growing Need for Interdisciplinary Curriculum Content,” by Jacobs, located on ASCD website.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|