Nursing is a very highly regulated profession. There are over 100 boards of nursing and national nursing associations throughout the United States and its territories. Their existence helps regulate, inform, and promote the nursing profession. With such numbers, it can be difficult to distinguish between BONs and nursing associations, and overwhelming to consider various benefits and options offered by each.
Both boards of nursing and national nursing associations have significant impacts on the nurse practitioner profession and scope of practice. Understanding these differences helps lend credence to your expertise as a professional.
In this Assignment, you will practice the application of such expertise by communicating a comparison of boards of nursing and professional nurse associations. You will also share an analysis of your state board of nursing.
Assume that you are leading a staff development meeting on regulation for nursing practice at your healthcare organization or agency.
Review the NCSBN and ANA websites to prepare for your presentation.
The Assignment: (9- to 10-slide PowerPoint presentation)
Develop a 9- to 10-slide Voice-Over PowerPoint Presentation that addresses the following:
1. Describe the differences between a board of nursing and a professional nurse association.
2. Describe the geographic distribution, academic credentials, practice positions, and licensure status of members of the board for your specific region/area.(MARYLAND)
3. Who is on the board?
4. How does one become a member of the board?
5. Describe at least one federal regulation for healthcare.
6. How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare (e.g., CMS, OSHA, and EPA)?
7. Has there been any change to the regulation within the past 5 years? Explain.
8. Describe at least one state regulation related to general nurse scope of practice.
9. How does this regulation influence the nurse’s role?
10. How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare?
11. Describe at least one state regulation related to Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs).
12. How does this regulation influence the nurse’s role?
13. How does this regulation influence delivery, cost, and access to healthcare?
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|