Summative assessment of self-directed student learning is more than just giving students a list of culminating projects from which to select. Allowing students to select a project to demonstrate their mastery of concepts, supports the idea of self-directed learning, gives students ownership of how they grasp the material presented in class, and is an effective strategy for differentiation.
Teachers need to plan how culminating projects will assess learning objectives that are tied to state learning standards. Teachers also need to plan how they will guide students in understanding the learning objectives on which they will be assessed, and how they can provide students with meaningful feedback on their learning. It is also important for teachers to consider methods for assessing the same learning objectives across a variety of culminating projects.
For this assignment, select a grade level K-3 and create a project information sheet to be distributed to students and their families. Because the deliverable will be completed in the home environment, the information sheet must be complete enough for students and families to use as a guide.
The project information sheet must include the following in child-friendly language:
- Explanation of the purpose of the culminating project.
- A minimum of three learning objectives students will need to demonstrate in their projects. The objectives must align with your state’s learning standards in either literacy, mathematics, science, or any combination of the three content areas, for the grade level selected.
- A list of four possible culminating projects from which students can select. At least one must include technology.
- Expectations of the project deliverable including the use of technology.
- Explanation of how students will present the project to their peers during class time.
- A student-friendly rubric that aligns with the expectations, including a line for the presentation deliverable. The rubric must address how you will formatively check for understanding during the student presentation and a summative overview of the project as a whole.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|