EDU 653 Teaching in Higher Education
If you have ANY QUESTION PLEASE ASK……. 5 pages please plus cover and reference
Focus of the Final Project
As we’ve learned throughout the course, an educator’s job is not simply to train students to recall facts and/or parrot ideas. An educator must create an environment conducive to critical thinking, so that the classroom facilitates learning, not merely memorization and recitation. The Final Project is your opportunity to show that you have a deep and meaningful understanding of the concepts covered in this course in a way that is well suited to your intelligences and talents. You can produce a Word Document or you can come up with your own way to demonstrate your understanding of the demands and implications of teaching and learning in higher education.
In this course we have considered different learning styles and diverse student populations; explored effective pedagogical methods as well as protocol; assessment; and the scholarship of teaching. After watching the video “8 Things I Wish I Knew Before College,” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcQGXQEcTQ
reflect on the Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze adult learning styles in developing effective instructional strategies.
- Identify effective pedagogical techniques in higher education teaching.
- Apply knowledge of protocol, assessment, and the scholarship of teaching to a diverse student population.
Apply your learning from the course to create “A Survival Guide” that addresses the letter (i.e., procedure and practice) and the spirit (i.e., theory and ethics) of teaching in a higher education setting. Feel free to creatively answer each question in a Word document. However you choose respond, be sure to provide access to your instructor by uploading all the necessary files. Although there is 5 page length requirement for this assignment to allow creative freedom, make sure that you have fully addressed the Week Six Grading Rubric requirements. Be sure to cite your sources appropriately both in-text and separate reference page in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Explain, with supporting research, the multiple learning styles for adults.
- Describe at least five ways to implement effective pedagogical techniques in higher education teaching.
- Summarize at least five tips for following protocol and giving assessments in higher education settings.
- Discuss at least three methods for teaching to a diverse student population.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Source Requirement: Reference at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook in order to provide compelling evidence to support your ideas.
- APA format: All in text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|