Based on the scenario and the knowledge gained from this section, address the following:
- Explain two to three roles that modern government plays in the lives of American citizens. Then, determine at least two benefits and two limitations of the power of the U.S. government in affecting the day-to-day lives of its citizens.
- Read the US Constitution (part of this week’s mandatory reading) and speak to the constitutionality of these actions keeping in mind that both documents were to limit the power of government so as to protect rights and not toprovide them. . Be sure to focus particularly on Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution and provide your thoughts on the constitutionality of government actions. It is very important to remember that the ONLY powers of the Federal government are those listed in Article 1, Section 8 or an amendment. The powers of your state governments are listed in your state constitutions.
- Be sure to differentiate between actions taken by Federal, state, and local governments–the constitutionality of actions taken by each level of government is very different. For example, only the FEDERAL government can print money, but only state and local governments can involve itself in education.
- Remember to address whether your rights are always protected and specifically HOW they are protected.
- Thinking of protecting rights (the American model) versus providing rights (the European model), what is the difference between the two and how has each approach protected (or not protected) liberty throughout history?
- Think of how rights actually are protected or not protected. What actually protects your rights?
- What about the difference between “states rights” and those powers given to the federal government?
- Where do rights come from? HINT: Rights do NOT come from government.
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|