Type: Business plan
Subject: Business Studies
Topic: Writer’s choice
Number of pages: 7 pages/double spaced (1925 words)
PowerPoint slides: 0
Number of source/references: 4
Part One: (500 words)
Hischornklinik Group is a leading private medical clinic group in Germany. It relies on Information Systems to operate 14 hospital, as well as hundreds of specialist institutes. Demand for additional servers and storage technology is growing by 20 percent each year. Hischornklinik was setting up a separate server for every application, and its servers and other computers were running a number of different operating systems, including several versions of UNIX and Windows. Hischornklink had to manage technologies from many different vendors, including Hewlett-Packard (HP), Sun Microsystems, Microsoft and IBM.
- Using the concepts discussed on the Management Information System, assess the impacts of this situation on business performance.
- Identify and explain which factors and management decisions must be considered when developing a solution to this problem?
Part Two: (500 words)
Iko Instruments Group, a global supplier of measurement, analytical, and monitoring instruments and services based in the Netherlands, had a new data warehouse designed to analyse customer activity to improve service and marketing. However, the data warehouse was full of inaccurate and redundant data. The data in the warehouse come from numerous transaction processing systems in the United States., Europe, Asia, and other locations around the world. The team that designed the warehouse has assumed that sales groups in all these areas would enter customer names, telephone numbers, and addresses the same way. In fact, companies in different countries were using multiple ways of entering quote, billing, shipping, contact information and other data.
- Assess the potential business impacts of these data quality problems.
- What decisions have to be made, explain and justify the steps taken to reach a solution?
Part Three (1100 words)
Consider one of the following businesses: Ryanair Airline; Pallas Food Supplier (wholesale food suppliers, Dublin); Dealership Hyundai ( Dublin); Marks &Spencer retail shop(Dublin);
- Discuss the importance of Information System used by the Company and how it can contribute to operational excellence and the company strategies.
- Referring to one of the above businesses:
- Define Porter’s competitive forces model and explain how it works.
- Gather information on each of the five forces
iii. Analyse the results and display them on a diagram
- Formulate strategies based on the conclusions.
- Explain the types and the role of Information System in supporting each of the four competitive strategies.
Will be submitted in Turnitin
Latest completed orders:
|#||Title||Academic Level||Subject Area||# of Pages||Paper Urgency|